Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year's Goals and Resolutions! Mulling over Options...

"May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's Resolutions." -Joey Adams

Being in Israel for New Year's Eve we missed the hoopla and excitement of ringing in the year! And, I guess we missed the January 1 Resolution Kickoff! So while some people are already "breaking" theirs, I'm just now "setting" my goals for the new year!

Quite honestly, I probably don't have the best track record for "sticking with" my January-1-best-laid-plans. I haven't figured out whether I think too grand scale (unattainable) or too many (quantity over quality) or too philosophical (unmeasurable). Either which way, I'm still in pondering mode over coming up with a goal or two that I can take to the net (see photo)!

"We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential." -Ellen Goodman

This year I do want to focus more on "bettering" than "fixing." Maybe it's semantics but I do think "resolving" with a positive approach is more likely to garner success!

All this to say that it's the 6th of January and the month is rolling along, yet I am still in the process of coming up with some reachable and worthwhile goals! Maybe "not procrastinating" needs to be on the top of "the list!"