Saturday, July 16, 2011

Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable...

"Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable." -Mary Oliver

Isn't having an open mind similar to Mary Oliver’s idea? Sometimes religious beliefs require enacting room in our hearts for the unimaginable.

While some might find that approach disingenuous, it has always worked for me. If I lived life purely on things my mind completely understood and were completely rational there are too many amazing and miraculous things that wouldn’t pass muster.

With room in my heart for the unimaginable I don’t have to pick things apart. I don’t need to deconstruct. I don’t have to question ad nauseam (guess I just blog ad nauseam). Personally, life is just too short. I prefer to find wonder in beautiful things, for example, this Mary Oliver quote!