Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Writer Nora Ephron (1941-2012)

“Suddenly, one day, there was this thing called parenting. Parenting was serious. Parenting was fierce. Parenting was solemn. Parenting was a participle, like going and doing and crusading and worrying; it was active, it was energetic, it was unrelenting. Parenting meant playing Mozart CDs while you were pregnant, doing without the epidural, and breast-feeding your child until it was old enough to unbutton your blouse.”  -Nora Ephron


It was sad to drive home from girls camp last night and learn about the death of Nora Ephron.  I’ve been an Ephron fan since I discovered Crazy Salad (a book of her essays) in the late ’70’s.  Her 2 recent books on aging (I Feel Bad About My Neck and I Remember Nothing) were also great reads. The world has lost a very funny woman and a wonderful writer to boot!