Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Humpty Dumpty Projects...

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
All the king's horses and all the king's men,
Couldn't put Humpty together again!"

This Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme came to mind as I undertook 2 projects this week.

First, whenever I'm away but there's family back on the homefront I return and find an interior that needs to be (let see, how can I say this nicely) ...put back together again! But, unlike the king's horses & king's men, this is something I can do! Typically it takes me 1 full day to restore the hearth & home back to the state things were when I left.

The second Humpty Dumpty situation was a great fall (not literally but think disaster) with my laptop! Only this was harder to put back together than my house!

I had worked on an entire weeks worth of Seminary lessons putting everything on slides in a keynote presentation. Then, in a tired stupor I didn't save anything! Yikes! Worse, I didn't realize my error until I arrived to teach, opened the presentation and all the new slides were missing (deleted, gone, vaporized)!

So, I had to wing class on Tuesday but then spent the bulk of yesterday recreating those same slides all over again. So frustrating! Although, at least both projects were things that COULD be put back together, unlike poor Humpty Dumpty!