Thursday, August 2, 2012

MOTB!

       I've been using the MOTB (Mother of the Bride) acronym for email exchanges and it occurred to me that I am not your average MOTB because I can use the acronym to stand for Mother Of Two Brides!
       When people realize I have, not just one, but 2 weddings, I get the expected "whoa, you must be busy" commentary.  And, I suppose we are in the throes of weddings-on-the-brain but these are the kind of life events we live for.  
       So, Brent and I are delighted to be gaining 2 sharp son-in-laws!  They're a welcome addition to the family and we feel blessed!
       Now, as the double MOTB, I can't shirk my self-appointed role of giving good marital advice to my girls.  Ongoing, unsolicited and completely free!  Aren't they so lucky?  So, today I'll direct them to a short but clever ditty by American poet Ogden Nash:
       "To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you're wrong, admit it; whenever you're right, shut up."