Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A MEGa disappointment....

"...Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth." -Abraham Lincoln

The people of California have spoken but I'm personally disappointed that we won't have a Governor Whitman for the upcoming term.

I need to be a good sport about Jerry Brown's victory but it won't be easy.

Just through the limited interaction I've had with Meg, I really respect her. I believe Meg would have been a fiscally responsible leader; something the state of California desperately needs.

While I'm convinced that Meg would have been an good governor I have to admit that her campaign didn't showcase Meg and her talents well. Clearly she didn't connect with voters.

Also, Meg's past voting record was a big blunder that she couldn't escape. It's a good life lesson that things we do (or in Meg's case, things she didn't do - like vote!) can come back to haunt you! Being a good citizen (which includes voting) is clearly important!

Well, it's a MEGa shame! So now, like the UPS slogan, it's time to find out: "What can Brown do for you?"