Monday, November 1, 2010

Best Costume! Worst Costume!

I didn't know who Ramona Flowers was, but apparently Andie nailed Ramona's outfit for an A plus Halloween costume. Roller skates, ski goggles, purple TuTu, the works.

I don't really do costumes but this year I did make a lame attempt.

Initially, Andie was egging me on to dress like Sue Sylvester from Glee. The costume would be a cinch. All I would need was a red adidas track suit and a whistle.

So Julia Hatch and I found a red track suit but when I tried it on I looked so ridiculous I couldn't even come out of the dressing room. Julia, who has been in theatre all her life (a costume queen), thought that was hilarious! So much for Sue Sylvester; it was out of my comfort zone.

I ended up glueing mini cereal boxes all over my shirt; cereal boxes that had been stabbed with a knife. It wasn't completely obvious "who" or "what" I was attempting to be...which happened to be a serial (cereal) killer. Yeah, kind of lame. However, it only took about 10 minutes to execute.

So Andie gets the award for Best Costume! Of course, her ensemble probably took 10 days to pull off. But I'll happily accept the Worst Costume Award. For me this is actually a step in the right direction. At least I wore a costume. Progress!