Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

"Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - Oscar Wilde

I've sunk to a new low in blogging: weather chatter!

But, just for the record, I am a really big baby! I live in California and I whine about the cold! Really?

I can picture Paige, embracing that 10 degree Provo winter, rolling her eyes and shaking her head while reading this! Yes, Paige, your Mom is a wimp! When I give you that staying-warm-is-all-about-wearing-the-right-stuff lecture; I'm referring to you and your attire, not insinuating that I want to hunker down and dress to survive in that cold climate! Go Paige!

Sometimes I marvel that I grew up in Utah! Climate wise, that is! Grew up and actually thrived in Salt Lake City winters! It's the same how-did-I ever do-that-marvel as my wonderment at how I managed to teach early morning Seminary in Boston with 2 small children! Seriously, how?

Winter
The birds are gone, the world is white,
the winds are wild, they chill and bite;
the ground is thick with slush and sleet,
and I can barely feel my feet! - from The Four Seasons, by Jack Prelutsky

My feet get cold just reading that stanza!