Saturday, January 23, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade!

I've loved the saying "When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade" since I heard it in a Mutual lesson as a teenager. I like the wisdom of trying to make the best out out of anything we are handed in life. The concept of sweetening a sour hand we might get dealt!

Well, yesterday I read about a Lemonade Stand with a sign that said "All proceeds go to Haiti."

Wow! Some impressive kids started up that enterprise! I'd buy gallons of lemonade from such an admirable Lemonade Stand!

It felt like a new twist to the old slogan. When life gives someone else lemons, make a lemonade stand! (and donate your proceeds!)

I love the ingenuity of youngsters! Here are some young entrepreneurs who figured out a way they could do something to help the suffering in Haiti.

And it's a widow's mite type of kindness!

They weren't just giving a percentage but all they had! I am touched and motivated by their action! It's a great reminder that we can make lemonade out of lemons AND we can also make lemonade (or find other ways) to ease the burdens of others!