Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad.....Haircut!

I Do Not Like My Haircut - by Gregory K.

I do not like my haircut,
I'll never get another.
Or if I do, next time, for sure, it won't be from my brother.

For several years this stylist, Emily, cut my hair. I usually left happy (well, content anyway) with my hair but annoyed at how long she took! Emily checked and rechecked umpteen times. I either made her paranoid or she was just scrupulously, painstakingly exact!

But, as we all know, ...it could always be worse!

And now it is! Because Emily moved away and my last couple of haircuts have been by this guy named Taka. And Taka cuts hair really quickly (record time!) but I haven't been that keen on the end result!

I can't win! In fairness to Taka, I'm sure I put unrealistic expectations on any stylist! I want to emerge from the chair looking like someone else altogether! So, I haven't given up on Taka because I do recall a learning curve with Emily. Once Emily figured out that I'm somewhat resistant to "big change" and especially "big hair" we kind of fell into a groove where I could sit down and she knew just what to do (albeit very sloooowly).

So, if I could "train" Taka I'd end up with a decent haircut in half the time it took Emily! A win-win! Which all sounds well and good but I don't think Taka thinks he needs any training, especially from me! He's kind of the classic ego, "I-know-just-what-you-need-you-poor-child" kind of stylist!

Fortunately, my hair grows pretty fast! Just not as fast as Taka can snip it off!