Saturday, January 16, 2010

Oops!

Grammy called gushing with effusive praise for the Thank You Notes from all three of her California Grandkids!

In typical Grammy style she was quite proud of those cards, noting how well written, how prompt, how thoughtful they were! In my typical smugness I thought I should send her a frame (but she'd probably use it!)

But, it was a proud moment! Although only for a moment! Because as I started to take a little credit....ah, haven't I trained them well?....I suddenly realized that yours truly has not sent out her Thank You Notes! Oops!

Which reminds me that sometimes it's a good thing our children follow our council rather than our example! So, I guess I am proud that they are one step ahead of me. And they certainly impressed Grammy (although Grammy can be "wowed" pretty easily - at least by her grandchildren... who can do no wrong!).

"A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do." -Lois Wyse