Friday, January 15, 2010

New Washer! New Dryer! (Same Old Wash Woman! Same Old Clothes!)

Woo Hoo! Men get excited about "Boy Toys" so I should be entitled to drool over household appliances!

A few appliances I'll show exceptional exuberance over: vacuums, irons, and yes, washers and dryers!

Just like Brent likes the very best surfboard, snowboard, GPS, etc.; I prefer state of the art (if it's within my price range) when it comes to my cleaning equipment!

If only I could get Consumer Reports to hire me on as a Tester! Something I think I could really excel in!

So, we are the proud owners of a new washer and dryer! Our old Maytag set was disappointing! Those Maytag Ads fooled me! I thought the Maytag Repairman sat around bored with nothing to do! Ha! We needed his service at 25 Alpine numerous times!

So in honor of Paige, who likes to name her things (George Peter Smith the GPS, Bella the Freelander, Fuji the iphone), I think my new combo set will go by the name of Samson (for the washer, since they're Samsung brand) and Drylilah (for the dryer, obviously)! Samson was known for performing heroic feats (who wouldn't want a washer like that!) and Delilah (yeah, I know about her treacherous and cunning behavior but she did get the job done).

Brent had all 3 kids congratulate me on our new purchase! This is almost as exciting as getting a new car! And, I'm off to test drive; take them for a spin (cycle)!