Saturday, February 13, 2010

Citius, Altius, Fortius!

Faster, Higher, Stronger! I Love the Olympics!

Last night was the 2010 Opening Ceremonies for the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The motto for the games "With Glowing Hearts" comes from a line in the Canadian National Anthem.

"The Olympics remain the most compelling search for excellence that exists in sport, and maybe in life itself." -Dawn Fraser

I'm always inspired watching the Olympics! There's a thrill about seeing amazing athletes that have trained for hours every day, giving everything they have physically and mentally to be the very best in their sport.

The discipline and drive of the athletes really motivates me to "put out" more in all aspects of my life. To me, Olympic Athletes really do represent giving 100%! Their excellence is impressive!

"There is something in the Olympics, indefinable, springing from the soul, that must be preserved." -Chris Brasher

Let the Games Begin!