Thursday, February 25, 2010

Galapalooza! (The Sequel)

I'm off to Utah for Galapalooza (the Sequel)! This photo was taken at our Gals Weekend last February, the calendar year (2009) when the Highland High School Class of 1977 Graduates celebrated our 50th Birthdays!

2009 felt like an important year for us to get together and remind ourselves that we may be 50 but (as the saying goes): "you're only as old as you feel." And, last February we all felt like we were back in our glory days of high school! What a rush!

Last February we gathered 13 erstwhile bff's at Julie Halgren Glenn's cabin in Brighton, Utah. And we had a blast! It was wonderful to connect with everyone and while I keep in touch with many of the group there were some darling friends I hadn't seen in years!

In light of the great memories from our 2009 adventure we have a smaller group compiled and meeting up tonight ...not intentionally excluding anyone... just less formally planned this year. It mostly came about for the group who wants to ski.

So, I'm shirking some duties (handed Seminary responsiblities off to Jacque and Saturday building cleaning to Andie and Dad - thanks guys!) and it's Play Time for some once-upon-a-time-ski-bums!

I count these friendships as one of the richest blessings in my life! The influence of these friends goes way back and far beyond just enjoyment of skiing! Having such exemplary friends from my youth makes me acutely aware of the importance of friendship! Good friends really are people who inspire & motivate us to be our very best! For me, this group definitely does that! I adore these women!