Wednesday, August 11, 2010

More or Less!.....About Moving!

When I'm not forced to pack my worldly possessions into boxes every so often, I'm afraid I accumulate "stuff" way beyond what I want or need!

Yesterday I helped Lisa Call unload as they move into their new home. I was impressed that they fit most of their things into 2 POD containers. It seemed pretty consolidated.

I have no idea how many POD containers we would need if we loaded up our house. But I know that it's a whole lot more than we would have needed for moves in our early years!

Every year we live in homes sans moving the more things multiply (maybe even exponentially). A good case in point (but a scary one) might be my parent's home. They've been in their current home nearly fifty years! And I'm not sure if 50 PODs would suffice. Just kidding, although my Mom doesn't easily part with keepsakes. Keepsakes! Now there's a term that means different things to different people!

During earlier years of marriage when moves were frequent I wasn't half bad at keeping "all our belongings" down to a minimal and manageable amount. But as babies came along they added a new dimension. Suddenly we were toting the cribs, the high chairs, and the strollers. The Baby Paraphernalia!

By the time I didn't need all the baby props I ended up with little people who considered every Happy Meal Toy a Keepsake! So, the stuff more or less kept growing. Did I write more or less? Whoops - I meant more or more - there was no less!

We've lived in our current home almost 15 years. I'm not sure I ever want to find out how many PODs it would take to fit our stuff. It's much easier to just stay put and help the Calls with their move!