Thursday, September 15, 2011

Reality Bites...

“No man needs a vacation so much as the person who has just had one.” -Elbert Hubbard

It’s hard to come back to reality after one vacation and I pretty much enjoyed two trips in a row: Rancho La Puerta & New York City.

So now it’s payback. The catch up begins. Ah, leaving town always comes at a price.

I’m certainly not complaining though. I feel very blessed to be able to do these fun excursions and I’m grateful Brent’s supportive of our annual girl’s getaway.

Plus, I’m lucky to have friends that I admire enough to travel with annually. Carole told one of her daughters that she should start a traveling group and she liked the idea but isn’t sure she likes her friends enough to spend so much time with them. In fact, we thought it was the ultimate compliment when Carole’s daughter told her that she thinks she might like Carole’s friends more than her own! Score!

And now, back to work (which there is no shortage of around here!).

“No vacation goes unpunished.” -Karl Hakkarainen