Monday, October 1, 2012

A Top 10 List....

       Yesterday, after blessing their baby Spencer, Breanna Grigsby took the opportunity to share her testimony at church.  I wanted to comment/blog on her remarks because they really touched me.
       Breanna mentioned writing in her journal before her son's birth, compiling a list of the top 10 things she wanted to be sure she taught him.  
          So, on the very top of the list Breanna wrote: "That he knows he is a child of God!"  This reminded her that in order to teach her son this, she too, needed to know that she was also a daughter of God. 
       It's a great comfort to have this knowledge.  When we believe that our Heavenly Father loves and cares about us, that reassurance can make all the difference during difficult times.
          I liked Breanna's top 10 most important things to teach your child idea but initially opined that I 'd missed my opportunity since I've theoretically raised my children.  Still, there isn't any reason I can't make a top 10 things I want to teach my adult children!  It's not as tender as a new mom journaling about her baby and it might sound more like a middle-aged mom who blogs ad nauseam about things that are dear to her heart, but I'll probably make the list anyway :)  Just a heads-up kiddos...