Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Queen of Clutter...

     All my pride in organization skills over the years has been debunked.  It's turns out that I only claim to purge while in truth I have stuffed our home with gizmos that I will never need or use again.  
     Now I understand why moving is such an undertaking.  It isn't the move, which mainly consists of lugging heavy boxes to and fro.  The time-consuming part is sorting all the clutter.  
       I started with 3 categories:  things to get rid of, things to put in our rental and things to store in the pod.  Sounds like a straightforward system.  Ha!  
      It turns out that every category has multiple layers of sub-categories.  Especially those "things to get rid of."  First, are they garbage or would so-and-so love them?  How about giving to charity?  Should these papers get shredded?  Etc. and so on!
       Sorting has been the bane of my existence for the past 3 days.  And I'm only getting started.  I will never clutter up a home again!