Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease...

The Laundry Moratorium is over! Whew!

My incessant complaining finally resulted in a washing machine repair! Two weeks later. My daily phone calls were probably annoying but sometimes you have to keep bugging people until someone will help you, just to be rid of you.

Although, I felt justified in my frustration. A state-of-the-art 2010 washing machine should not break down in the first year. Even if Brent's comments about our washing machine getting more use in 1 year than some get in 10 years are true. Still, it's basically a new appliance, even if it's used frequently.

When the Best Buy estimate on getting the necessary part changed from 10 days to a whopping January 15th date I was livid. The words "it's on back order" are akin to cursing! I can't survive for a month without a washing machine, especially over the holidays.

With Best Buy giving me the run around, I went from the retailer straight to the manufacturer. Samsung was initially reluctant to get involved but I can be relentless. Which paid off because the Samsung repairman was 100% better than the guy Best Buy sent last week.

And, lo and behold, the mysterious back ordered part was located and installed yesterday. We have clean clothes once again. And, as I told Paige, it's like Christmas came 5 days early for me this year! The Laundry Fairy is back in business!