Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wash Day!

It's only been 5 days and I'm going crazy! Last Friday the repairman had the disappointing news that it would take 10 days to get the parts to fix my (reasonably new) washing machine!

At least I washed the sheets the day before it went kaput! A small consolation!

Some people have a weekly wash day but I am not one of those people. I throw in a batch as soon as I have enough light or darks for a load. I prefer this method because this way the laundry never overwhelms me. It's ongoing perhaps, but not overwhelming.

Plus, I have a wee tiny clean-sheet-fetish. I have rather strong opinions about how often I like to wash sheets. Mine never go longer than a week. I heart fresh, clean sheets!

So, this week, as our hamper fills with dirty clothes, I'll be visiting the local laundromat. 13 quarters a load!

The warranty should cover the repair but unfortunately gives me no priority on the schedule. Furthermore, the repairman doesn't even seem the least bit distraught over the wait. His wife must be a once-a-week laundress!

Whenever something I use regularly breaks down, I gain new appreciation for how many things work on command and rarely fail us. So as soon as it's fixed, I will no longer take my washing machine for granted!