Monday, June 15, 2009

"American Girl" Dolls! (or my variation thereof!)

Yes, my daughters had their share of dolls growing up. Andie was born at the end of the Cabbage Patch era and after that came the "American Girl" doll collection. I think Andie got Felicity first and Paige had Kirsten and then someone got Molly (no, Molly did not belong to Webb). They were great dolls but the history and stories that came with the American Girl Dolls were the very best part!

The dolls I fell in love with a few years back were Ugly Dolls! Brent and I walked into a funky store in SoHo in New York City and walked out with 5 new dolls (1 for each Knudsen family member!) Those 5 have have been added upon, 3 miniature models in the kitchen and 1 Extra Large Pink Ugly Doll sits at the table. The pink Ugly Doll came with the name "Peaco" and she (they are kind of gender neutral but it IS bright pink) is Emily Bryan's favorite little playmate. The minute Emily arrives it is the first thing she heads for.

The Ugly Dolls aren't really Ugly! Not at all! Personally I think they are ADORABLE! From the picture I'm posting you can probably see exactly why I need to bring so many home (and pretty much become an "Ugly Doll" Collector!) Seriously, American Girl Dolls are great, Barbie has a status of her own, but Ugly Dolls....well, they are the perfect doll for me!