Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Club "AARP"! Join Today!

I received a letter from the AARP announcing their delight that I was eligible to join! I'm glad SOMEONE was DELIGHTED that I am now a candidate for the American Association of Retired Persons! Yes, that would be an organization dedicated to the 50 and older crowd. Such a dubious distinction to be asked to join! I'm so honored!

Kind of reminds me of the famous Groucho Marx line: "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

Then there is the other well known line that you "are only as old as you feel." But does that refer to how old you feel in your head or how old you feel physically? Most of the time I still feel like a little kid (in my head) but I'm definitely noticing the disparity between feeling young at heart but having the aches & pains of aging set in! Kind of a bummer to be getting old(ish) but still think I'm a youngster!