Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Turtles: "Imagine Me and You, I Do..."

Wow, it is our 28th wedding anniversary! Pretty amazing to think that at the age of 22 I was smart enough (or just dumb luck maybe) to pick a perfect companion! Okay, not "perfect" but perfect for me!
I'm probably not the easiest person to live with 24/7 and I'm glad that despite the annoying things about me that we've had lots of "happy together" years! One thing that makes me "happy together" is a husband who "gets" my sense of humor and laughs at my jokes! Especially if/when my kids don't quite appreciate my clever (they might say "corny") wit!

I love the story about a woman in college who is introduced to a man by her friend with the caution that "Things will probably never work out. He just isn't your type." Well, they eventually married and at their fiftieth wedding anniversary party, she reminded the friend of her comment from years back. "Are you still convinced that Norman's not my type?" she asked her friend. "Absolutely," the friend replied, adding cheerfully, "which only goes to show you that being somebody's type isn't everything."

Some people would say that Brent and I are similar in "type" (which we are in some things) and in many ways we are completely opposite. I don't think it really matters whether you are the same "type" nearly as much as if you share the same values and goals. Fortunately we are usually of the same mind/on the same page in this regard! And that's a great blessing in life!