Saturday, June 20, 2009

Road Trips! Life is a Highway...

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower that you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

That is not my quote but was said by the comedian George Carlin although most of us probably THINK the same sentiment while cruising along the roads!

I'm driving the Provo to Los Gatos Ride in Bella the Freelander! This is a SOLO road trip which has pros and cons. No one to take your mind off the long drive (con), but no one to add extra bathroom stops (pro). No substitute driver (con), but no one to change the A/C, or ipod selections (pro). And so on...

For me a solo drive means catching up on lots of good podcasts! And the best part of this trip is that it is a one-way drive. It's feels good to know that once I arrive I won't have to turn around and drive back! At least not in the next few days or weeks. Months?.... Maybe?