Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"TWEAKING" my pose!

When Paige and I thanked Julie the yoga teacher subbing for Todd after last night's Bikram class she took the opportunity to give me a little Pep Talk!

Infact, she assured me that she could show me how to "tweak" a couple of my poses and then I'd be doing just fine! And while I totally appreciate her kindness and tweaking offers I'm afraid that Julie thinks I am a novice at Bikram and that I just haven't learned the RIGHT way to BEND correctly. Little does she realize that I have actually been coming to classes for an entire year but that my BODY will not BEND like she is envisioning! It is not like the BENDOS toys pictured at left! Julie is not going to simply TWEAK my stance here and there because the pretzel look just isn't going to happen with the genetic flexibility I've inherited. I do not come from a long line of cheerleaders, dancers, or gymnasts. My body did not bend well back in my high school dance class and now, after years of running (without stretching) (did I mention ZERO stretching) it has only gotten worse.

But even after my explanation of inflexiblity, Yoga Teacher Julie was not deterred! So maybe I'll let her give it a shot. It can't hurt. Right? Well, maybe it can hurt. But even if I'm not bendy I won't be a wimp about it! I'll give anything a try! (pretty much)