Tuesday, September 28, 2010

All Good Things...

Well, the 2010 NYC Girl's Trip is history! Another successful year! More good memories!

I'm grateful to have female friendships where I am inspired and motivated by the examples of other women.

This travel group pits me as the youngest in our bunch, but in contrast, I'm the old lady with several of my running friends. Still, in both situations, I learn a lot from listening and from observing.

I titled this post "All Good Things" (must come to an end) since our trip is officially over but the happy memories do live on. So, Shakespeare's "All's Well That Ends Well" sentiment is probably more fitting at the culmination of any fun vacation!

To wrap up my travelogue it should be noted that I wore all the clothes in my suitcase! Every last item! Which indicates improved skills on precision packing! I used to smash way more than I needed into my luggage "just in case." So I've definitely gotten better at streamlining my travel wardrobe. Plus, the warm weather made it easier to pack light!

"Travel is glamorous only in retrospect." -Paul Theroux