Friday, September 10, 2010

Archie & Addie!

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts." -Martin Buxbaum

It isn't only cute little kids that I get obsessed over! Sometimes I think the geriatric crowd is pretty adorable too!

It's just that I can't really invite the "seniors" over for "playdates." Or maybe I can, but I haven't really dared to yet!

This picture is of Archie & Addie Jensen at the 4th of July Flag Raising Breakfast. Don't they look like the cutest patriotic couple?

Brent and I have admired the Jensens for years. Addie is a great pianist who can't play as effortlessly as she once did but Addie is a talented woman. And she's modest and humble, two traits I find quite likable!

Then, there is Archie. Archie is a absolute saint! Seriously! Most people in the Los Gatos Ward will never know how much service Archie has done over the years because he does it so quietly.

I worked with Archie the past few years when I was in charge of scheduling the building. Archie took care of the building like it was solely HIS responsibility. Which is entirely self imposed simply because he is such a good man! If I ever had questions about anything inside or out, Archie was the man to ask!

Any emergency issues from broken sprinklers to broken windows or electrical problems, Archie was the go-to guy. He never looked for credit and he never got paid for all his endless service. But I've definitely noticed and I've learned something from watching Archie. Since he always pitched in with a smile on his face Archie reinforced my belief that service-oriented people are the happiest people! That's an invaluable lesson so I'm grateful for the Saint Archie's of the world who've taught me by their examples!

Archie and Addie have both had some significant health issues of late. It's inhibited some of their stamina but not their sweet dispositions. I'm fortunate to know so many good people, young and old alike, who remind me what matters the most!