Monday, September 20, 2010

Dumb Luck...

"Someone once asked me why women don't gamble as much as men do, and I gave the common-sensical reply that we don't have as much money. That was a true but incomplete answer. In fact, women's total instinct for gambling is satisfied by marriage." Gloria Steinem

Gloria Steinem isn't quite right because to some degree marriage is a bit of a gamble for all of us, women AND men alike! And, while I absolutely believe in being prayerful about selecting a husband, I also have to concede that I was pretty darn lucky! Dumb, young luck! Honestly, I was pretty clueless!

So, tomorrow I leave for my annual fall girls trip, heading to the East Coast and I am SO LUCKY that Brent has always supported this adventure. Brent's been great to encourage me to go and have a great time, and all at the expense of me basically abandoning him for a week! So he's a good sport and I'm appreciative of his generous trip sponsorship!

All 5 traveling wives recognize that our ability to galavant off to the theatre and art museums is possible because we all married well (and by well I don't mean financially). We should dedicate our trips to George, Jerry, Kerry and the 2 Brents (Brent Romney & Brent Knudsen). These good guys have supported us every year and several trips have even fallen during George and Carole's wedding anniversary so George really gets a gold star!

Hopefully these stellar husbands realize that we speak often and highly about them during our escapades! We all feel grateful and blessed that so far they keep letting us traipse off and leave them home to fend for themselves! So, if marriage is a bit of a gamble, we all think we won the lottery! A Toast to Wonderful Husbands!