Friday, September 24, 2010

The Big Apple...

"Travel does what good novelists also do to the life of everyday, placing it like a picture in a frame or a gem in it's setting, so that the intrinsic qualities are made more clear.

Travel does this with the very stuff that everyday life is made of, giving to it the sharp contour and meaning of art." -Freya Stark

New York City thrills me in the same way as art I love! I am delighted to be back! I love the energy of this place!

Last night we saw "Into The Heights," our first Broadway show of the trip. It's a great musical. Then Abby (Carole's daughter) suggested the Brooklyn Diner for great Noodle Kugel and when she said it would be a long walk I realized that for me nothing in New York is ever a long walk. I could walk around The Big Apple all day and never get tired of taking in the sights, the sounds, and the people!