Saturday, October 2, 2010

Double Date...

Since Brent has accompanied the Los Gatos Ward youth on their trip to General Conference, I'm flying solo for the weekend and Andie had a date of her own last night.

Luckily for me, Julie Holland was minus most of her family as well. Alex and Holly are with the youth trip and Dave is in Wales.

That left Connor and his friend, Seth, and Julie and I. Just perfect for a double date! The boys were willing participants as long as we promised a stop at Powell's candy store after our dinner date!

Connor Holland is quite the kid! He's confident, incredibly smart and very savvy! How many 10-year-olds do you know that have their own blog, their own website, and 3 email accounts?

Connor's interests keep him on the go but beware if Connor stops, even just to eat, he might fall fast asleep. Even during dinner at a fancy restaurant. Before the dessert arrives! Note the photo (taken while eating out with the Hollands in Hawaii).

Since I'm aware of Connor's on/off switch I did my best to be engaging so he didn't drift off halfway through our meal last night! I do get lots of practice since I happen to be married to someone with a similar propensity to doze off the minute he sits down! It must be part of the package that goes along with an ambitious, energetic, and driven personality!