Thursday, October 28, 2010

In "Case" iDrop my iPhone...

My iphone was loyal and dependable. I dropped it constantly but thanks to a hearty cover, it bounced, no worse for the wear!

But I guess my phone's 9 lives were up. It died instantly after getting squished under a car tire! Bummer!

So, I was forced to replace it and I now have the new (and theoretically improved) iphone 4. It's sleek, it's lighter, it's faster and overall it's supposed to be a true upgrade. So far I like it. However, I liked the last phone too so I'm pretty easy to please, technologically speaking!

Except there are tradeoffs to everything. It turns out, there just aren't great case options for the iphone 4. Yet, anyway. I happen to really like my old Kate Spade cover which proved to have excellent durability. Of course that cover doesn't fit my new phone.

The selection of cases available for the iphone 4 in the Apple Store is dismal. Nothing with the same bounceability (is that a word?) as my old cover. Besides, the ones that look reasonably sturdy don't have "the look" that works for me. I guess that "easy to please" jargon only applied to the technology and not to the phone covers!

So now I have this great new phone that I'm worried about breaking until I can find a case that is functional but still cute. Man, it's difficult to be picky!