Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Primary Knows...

I know my Father lives and loves me too.
The Spirit whispers this to me and tells me it is true,
And tells me it is true.

He sent me here to earth, by faith to live his plan.
The Spirit whispers this to me and tells me that I can,
And tells me that I can. -Primary Songbook

The annual Primary Presentation for Sacrament Meeting was on Sunday! The program always gets "Best in Show" in my book for Sunday meetings!

Our Primary children looked even cuter than this picture but we're not supposed to use cameras in the chapel so you just have to visualize them in your mind's eye. They were quite adorable. I was tempted to take a photo, but resisted the impulse!

There's really nothing like having the Sunbeam's, CTR's, and Valiant's testify through music! I can get goosebumps just as easily from the Primary Choir as the MoTab.

My earliest recollection of feeling the Spirit to the extent that I actually recognized that I was feeling the Spirit was as a member of a Primary Choir. A ton of kiddos in Salt Lake were asked to sing in General Conference. We met a couple of times to practice before the Saturday session in the Tabernacle.

I can't remember which songs we sang, except one, which I won't ever forget. Reid Nibley wrote the words and music to "I Know My Father Lives" in 1969. So, I had to be at least 10 years old. As we practiced the song over and over I felt a surge of power, of peace, of warmth, of gratitude, of love. My Primary-age-heart was touched in a way that I'll never really forget.

So, it's fun to watch the Primary Program with hopes that these kids will have similar experiences. Maybe their testimonies will also take root through singing the touching Primary songs!