Friday, October 22, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ballgame!

No ticket to the World Series - yet!

When it comes to baseball, I admit to being fickle. I've been a fan of the Red Sox, the Padres, the Mariners, and the Giants.

I generally adopt allegiance for the local team. Although it was hard to give up Fenway Park and the Boston Red Sox when we moved to La Jolla. Having a couple Padres players in our ward did help my team loyalty transition.

I've now lived in the Bay Area longer than anywhere else (except Utah which has no major league baseball team) so I suppose I've been cheering for the Giants longer than any other team. Unfortunately, it didn't help last night. One win against Philadelphia is all that stands in the way of the San Francisco Giants going to the World Series! The playoff is heading back to Philly with the Giants ahead (3-2).

I suppose I'm not just a fickle fan but fair-weathered too! I lose interest when my favored sports teams have a lousy season (BYU football is a case in point here) but I'm admittedly all-over-it when/if my teams are winning.

The Giants have not won a World Series since 1954 and they have never won since the team moved from New York to San Francisco in 1957. So, I'm fickle and fair-weathered but right now I'm a Big Fan! A fan who is hoping our Giants can bring a 2010 World Series Title to the Bay Area!