Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Anita's New Acquisitions: Jake & (not so fat) Albert!

Anita is now a package deal! Her Utah to California Road Trip included her 2 new acquisitions: Scottish Terriers, Jake and Albert! And, of course, Robb too! I was excited to see Anita & Robb but a little reluctant that the pups were coming along for the ride.

My worries were all for naught! It turns out, Jake and Albert are cute little yappers! It must be that good AnitaMOMbanita parenting! And, since Bodie and Ernie have broken me in with protocol, I'm almost getting the hang of dog visitors.

When Anita & Robb were at Matt Empey's funeral service I even took Jake for a walk. Actually I walked; Jake pretty much sniffed. Sniffed the asphalt, sniffed the grass, sniffed the dirt, sniffed me. Wow, all that sniffing makes walking extra slow! Jake's cousin, Albert, is too young for long walks at 8 weeks but he was happy to play (supervised) in the front yard.

During their stay, all the neighborhood cats that like to saunter into our lot kept their distance. So that might be one perk to having a dog again, less cats roaming the perimeter. Not that I'm making any plans. I'm just saying...