Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Logan Temple Wedding!

"One of my students wrote me announcing his engagement. 'This is not going to be much of a wedding,' he said, 'but it is going to be a wonderful marriage." -William Lyon Phelps, American educator

So, without much fanfare, Anita Schiller and Robb Terry were married yesterday (1/25/11) in the Logan Utah Temple! I was planning to attend but once they got the okay to be sealed they didn't want to wait any longer (can't blame them there). So there wasn't time for the riff-raff friend to fly in from California.

After their 2 pm appointment and a little drama getting from Ogden to Logan in a big snowstorm, it was official! Our cute little Jewish-Mormon-part-of-the-family-Anitabanita is sealed to Robb (who coincidentally served in South Africa, overlapping with Brent's mission) Terry!

I still remember the day Anita first met Robb in person (almost 2 years ago). They'd become friends online and she decided to fly out to Utah to see whether it was worth investing more energy into the relationship. Anita showed me his profile and we both agreed that based on his photo, there was definitely potential.

But I'm pretty skeptical of the online matching. I thought the picture of Robb that Anita was drooling over might just be a fluke. But just hours after I dropped Anita off at the airport, reminding her that Robb might not be as cute in person, I received her text message that read: "He is SO much better looking in person."

Well, that weekend was the beginning of Robb and Anita's great friendship. They've survived building a home together and uprooting our California girl from Saratoga and it almost seems like they've been buds forever. Which now, after their temple marriage, they can be! Mazel Tov!