Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Paige's New Crib...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and
narrow-mindedness." -Mark Twain

Paige is enroute to her new digs at 27 Palace Court in London. She'll join a crew of BYU students for Winter Semester Study Abroad in England. I am very jealous!

The experiences I had during my BYU Study Abroad in Vienna, Austria definitely influenced my life. I have wonderful memories from traveling abroad as a student and my nostalgia has me very excited for Paige.

Traveling abroad is a great teacher; one of the best! While Paige is learning all about London she'll definitely discover things about herself as well.

As Paige embraces the UK culture she'll likely become an avid anglophile. Who could live in England and not fall in love with the Tube, Jane Austen, the Beatles, Shakespeare, Oxford, Dickens, C.S. Lewis, and Harrods, just to name a few. I'm definitely planning to vicariously enjoy her adventures!

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life, for there is in London all that life can afford." -Samuel Johnson