Monday, July 25, 2011

Thoughts as Thick as Fireflies...

Some People by Rachel Field

Isn’t it strange some people make
You feel so tired inside,
Your thoughts begin to shrivel up
Like leaves all brown and dried!

But when you’re with some other ones,
It’s stranger still to find
Your thoughts as thick as fireflies
All shiny in your mind.

I like this poem; it’s spot-on. Some people nearly always inspire me while others are completely draining to be around.

Obviously I prefer the company of those whose presence is welcome, encouraged, and engaging. And, of course, I don’t enjoy being around the ornery, the cantankerous or those who suck the air right out of the room.

But I can’t help be wonder/worry: Which type of “some people” am I? And, the answer is: probably both. It’s likely that I’m exhausting to some and invigorating to others.