Monday, October 31, 2011

George Clooney and I....

George Clooney once made the following statement: "I would rather have a rectal examination on live TV by a fellow with cold hands than have a Facebook page.”

Who knew George Clooney and I had anything in common? In fact, I think he feels a little stronger about Facebook than I do! Mostly I'm just too lazy for Facebook.

Not only do I not have Facebook but I have never played Angry Birds either. But now I hear Google+ is the new gig that is supposed to make Facebook passé. I’m not sure if I’ll ever get up to date or up to speed and join Facebook or Google+. Sometimes living in a bubble isn’t too bad!

“I didn’t know what Facebook was, and now that I do know what it is, I have to say, it sounds like a huge waste of time. I would never say the people on it are losers, but that’s only because I’m polite. People say ‘but Betty, Facebook is a great way to connect with old friends.’ Well at my age, if I wanna connect with old friends, I need a Ouija Board. Needless to say, we didn’t have Facebook when I was growing up. We had phonebook, but you wouldn’t waste an afternoon with it.” -Betty White on Saturday Night Live, May 2010