Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bananarama! Potassium Perfection!

This post might sound like it was written by someone Fussy and Nit-Picky! Not by an Easy Going person like me! (Ha)

Or, you may wonder if there is any value or point in discussing "The Shelf Life of a Banana?" Probably not a lot, but I'd just for the record I would like to state my personal opinion.

It appears that some people will actually eat ANY BANANA and lack any discernment! On the other hand, I can't EVEN IMAGINE eating a Banana like #7 (see photo). Unless it is baked into a loaf of Banana Bread. Unripened bananas OR bananas with ANY visible bruising; neither work for my palate!

For me, there is about ONE DAY in the Life Cycle of a Banana that I consider it edible. Too green and they leave a bitter aftertaste; too ripe and they're like a mess of baby food goo. Either which way, it's a very Narrow Window!

Based on the picture I would eat Banana #3 with #4 as a possibility! With all the advances in the world; global satellite systems, sending men to the moon....amazing stuff; you would think that someone could design a banana that had a longer PEAK! Isn't there a Bananatology Brainiac who could develop a banana prototype to increase their "Prime" Time? This might be an untapped market that could increase banana sales by millions! I know I'd personally buy (and EAT) more bananas if the window I could enjoy them was extended! Can you see why Watermelon is my BFF fruit?!