Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One Hecka Cute Kid! The Singing Sunbeam!

This is a year-old picture of Ryan Barth (taken at age 2 and he is now 3 and Potty Trained) but it is TOO CUTE not to use! It was taken in the Nursery while the Toddlers were singing "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam." Thus the Sunbeam Hat/Halo atop his head! Ryan was the most animated singer in the class! At first he didn't want to wear the Sunbeam headdress and then he didn't want to take it off!

Two other highlights for Ryan in the Nursery are the Bubble Machine (it is pretty cool) and Marching around to the song "Called to Serve." He could do it endlessly and always with a proud march and a big smile!

So, this past week Tia has been back east visiting her brother in Washington, D.C. She has organized a crew of volunteers to help with the kids. Today Ryan and I had this little conversation that I wish I could have videotaped. It was one of those tender moments that you can't recreate and even though I'll share it with Tia it won't be quite the same.

While we were driving along in their Mom Van; Ryan was telling me that he was missing his Mom (not in a sad way but just very matter-of-fact). Then he proceeded to tell me that "Ashley misses my Mom, and Natalie misses my Mom, and my Dad misses my Mom (again, he wasn't upset - just factual). Soon he said: "We Pretty Much ALL Miss My Mom!"

Ryan was quiet for a minute, then said very seriously: "Kaf-run, Do You Miss My Mom Too?" And, since my 12 mile run on Saturday ended up as a 9 miler because Tia wasn't around to spur me along (distance/misery loves company); I was honestly able to say: "Yes, Ryan, I miss your Mom too!"

Another silence and then to console me Ryan said: "It's okay Kaf-run. She isn't going to be gone forever!" Whew!....that is good to know Ryan! There is nothing quite like getting sincere reassurance from a 3 year old!

1 comment:

  1. We love Ryan- him consoling you. this is priceless. :) thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete