Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Albert Einstein made a wise comment when he said that "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." (parse that!)

Well, I am filled with gratitude today on Thanksgiving and it's hard not to take "count" and sport a Top Ten list! If I didn't restrict my list to 10 things this blog would be too long. So, here's a small head count of 10 great blessings in my life:

#1. I'm grateful for the gospel; it's like having a road map or template for my life.
#2. I'm grateful to have a testimony; beliefs that make me feel connected to a greater purpose.
#3. I'm grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost; to feel direction, comfort, and peace.
#4. I'm grateful for Excellent Health; which allows me to live a full life physically!
#5. I'm grateful to be Married; to have a great companion on this journey!
#6. I'm grateful to be a Mom; parenting is a joy like no other!
#7. I'm grateful to be Passionate about Learning; reading and learning will always bring me pleasure!
#8. I'm grateful to have a Positive Outlook; very glad I'm not prone to drama, gloom, and doom!
#9. I'm grateful for Relationships; friends and family...people who make me want to be my best.
#10. I'm grateful for Running; a healthy outlet that relieves stress in such an enjoyable way!

As Einstein might note, many things on my list can't counted or quantified but each "thing" is a blessing in my life that brings me great happiness! And I'd certainly feel remiss if I didn't "count" those blessings today! Happy Thanksgiving!