Monday, November 9, 2009

Whoever said Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend has never seen Fobots!

"If you do not speak English, I am at your disposal with 187 other languages along with their various dialects and sub-tongues."
-Robby the Robot

"Fobots" or "Found Object Robots!" are the brainchild of artist Amy Flynn from North Carolina! The "Spellin' Fool" Fobot on the left can be yours (ok, mine! I want it, I want it!) for $428 from Anthropologie!

If you think that sounds crazy (expensive crazy) just think about what some women spend on jewelry! Now..., see, this robot is a bargain! I'd take Spellin' Fool over a chain of pearls any day!

I am not sure why I have always been so taken by robots. But I am. They are ALL quite adorable but Spellin' Fool has above-average-robot-charm!

Apparently I am not the only one on the planet with a robot/fobot obsession. I called Anthropologie to find out if the Fobots were in their stores (I just wanted to look, really) or just available from the catalogue. EVERY FOBOT they had is gone/sold/no longer available! It kind of gives greater meaning to the saying that one man's junk/trash is another man's treasure! And although it defies logic/common sense/good judgement; yes, I still think Fobots are treasure worthy.

So, the catalogue arrives and the next day they are already sold out! Talk about depressing! It sounds like people who purchase fobots are impulsive buyers who have too much discretionary income!

"Y'know where steel wool comes from? Robot sheep!" -Dennis the Menace