Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My 12 Year Old Inner Child...

I have not understood the Justin Beiber Fever! I just didn't get it. I mean, he's okay (sort of) but the throngs of crazed young girls going berserk? Over Justin? Really?

Yet, I do remember bringing home a Bobby Sherman album when I was probably about 12 and my two older sisters teased me endlessly!

So, apparently preteen girls and a heartthrob young singer are a dangerous combination in any generation. My not-so-discerning taste in music back in the day always seems quite pathetic to Brent. When I was thumbing through Tiger Beat magazine Brent was probably subscribing to The Rolling Stone.

My Bobby Sherman phase was short lived. Probably lasted about as long as Paige dug Aaron Carter or Andie was infatuated with the New Kids on the Block. Webb, like his Dad, didn't get quite as caught up in the teeny bopper music. Too sophisticated? Music snobs? It must be a girl thing to swoon over these pop musicians!

At least remembering my obsession with Bobby Sherman gives me a little more tolerance for the goofy tweens that faint at the sight of Justin Bieber. Not much more, but a little!