Friday, June 4, 2010

Who Let the Dog (Food) Out!

The Case of the Missing Dog Food!

I've been perplexed all week by the disappearance of the Purina Puppy Chow! It's quite a mystery! The dog food theft coincided with the odd appearance of the owl. Which is why it might have been downplayed. After all, owl prowlers don't come around every weekend.

We were a little obsessed about the owl who decided to take up residence in our garage. The same garage that was housing those 2 cute beagle puppies. And, according to the internet (which never lies), owls do in fact, eat small mammals!

But the next morning, one entire bag of Ernie and Bodie's food was MIA! A cardboard box lay tipped over and the dog food package was gone! My best guess is that a raccoon sauntered in and walked off with it.

Even if the owl was involved in the caper I'm not overly concerned about the owl's presence. The beagles have returned to LA and the only other small mammals in these parts would be rodents. The owl is welcome stay around if he'll feast on the Los Gatos rodent population!

In the meantime, if I solve the puzzling puppy chow disappearance I'll be sure to blog about it! I do love to solve problems!