Monday, June 28, 2010

When He's Fifty-Four!

"When he gets older, losing his hair.
Many years from now.
Will we still need him?
Will we still feed him?
. . .When he's Fifty Four!"

With apologies to Paul McCartney for shaving off a decade and taking a few liberties with his hit song, 64!

Brent is 54 years old today! With hair intact!

Since Father's Day, Wedding Anniversary and Brent's Birthday all falling within an 8 day span it seems like Brent is the Flavor of the Week!

I happen to love this photo of Brent conversing with Aya, Rachael Holland's Palestinian friend we met in Jerusalem. It reminds me of how happy we were to find Aya & Assel's home (no small feat) and how excited they were to see someone connected to Rachael returning (and bearing gifts). I like the cute look of joy it captures in Brent's face!

The photo reminds me that even at 54 years old you can still look like a kid when you are delighted about something. And, it reminds me of the wonderful quality of enthusiasm I first noticed about Brent when I was young and falling in love! So that's our Birthday BOY!