Monday, June 21, 2010

To Infinity.....and BEYOND!

The 3rd Times the Charm! Toy Story 3 is a classic!

By far one of the best movies. Ever. Pixar is in a league of it's own!

I enjoyed Toy Story 1 & Toy Story 2. But I was completely dazzled by Toy Story 3! When it comes to entertainment, it just doesn't get much better.

The movie was filled with clever lines but my favorite had to be Andy's description when he introduced Woody to Bonnie: Andy: "Woody? Well, the very best thing about Woody is that Woody will NEVER GIVE UP on you!" Everyone needs at least one Woody in their life!

The camaraderie between Andy's toys were a perfect metaphor for families; helping each other, staying together through thick and thin! Some movies rated "E" for "Everyone" means you are safe taking the toddlers. With Toy Story 3, I'd emphatically say that everyone should see this film!

When John Lasseter (Pixar CEO) spoke at Webb's Pepperdine Graduation last year I wish I had taken notes! I do remember his commencement comments were focused on following our dreams. Lasseter seemed grounded and genuine and did not fit the Hollywood prima donna image at all.

I did find a John Lassester quote that bespeaks the success of Pixar. In an interview Lasseter said: "I joke that I never had to grow up, but part of me thinks I hope I never have to because I've learned to trust my childish instincts that way." I'm glad Lasseter stayed true to his self, lo, even (and especially) the childish self. Had he and others not, we might not have enjoyed such a wonderful home run hit movie with Toy Story 3!

Buzz Lightyear: "Hold on, this is no time to be hysterical!
Hamm the Piggy Bank: "This is the perfect time to be hysterical!"