Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ode to June!

"I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June." -L.M. Montgomery

Forget the Camelot song: "It's May, it's May, the lusty month of May!" Personally, I've always loved the month of June! The month conjures up all kinds of good memories!

First, it's the month of my birth day which was especially exciting as a child. And for the past 29 years, June is the birthday month of my spouse as well!

June is always filled with weddings (ours included) and graduations; both exciting events! Of course all those graduations signal the end of the school year; another good perk in the month.

SUMMER officially arrives on June 21st! And, summer is my favorite season!

Furthermore, June is watermelon season and watermelon happens to be my favorite fruit. The best watermelons ripen during the month of June!

It's June: It's All Good!

"Spring being a tough act to follow,
God created June." -Al Bernstein