Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Celebrate 100!

100 days! Section 100! This week we are celebrating in Seminary!

First, we have arrived at Section 100 of the Doctrine and Covenants in our study of Church History!

And, lo and behold, this is also the week that we hit the "100 days of class completed" threshold!

So, I'm always up for a celebration and I can't resist the clever coincidence that these two "100's" happen to fall on the very same week! As a class we'll be enjoying lots of "100 calorie" treat packs this week and playing some "100 points" games, etc.

I'm not exactly alone in my enthusiasm for commemorating these events, but I will say that it is hard to generate much excitement out of teenagers at 6:30 in the morning. I've taught long enough to know that the youth would only get excited if class was cancelled. But since that isn't happening I'm hoping they'll at least humor me in my effort to add some fun to the (sometimes a tad dry) curriculum.

"Enjoy the little things in life for one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things." -unknown origin (but a great quote nonetheless)