Monday, November 28, 2011

Good Intentions!

Alas, I often feel like I’m the Queen of Good Intentions!

At church I hear a good talk and I ‘intend' to send the speaker a note (and the stationary sits unused).

At Costco I buy vitamins because I ‘intend' to take better care of my health (and the pantry is filled with purchased but untaken products).

I make resolutions. I make goals. I ‘intend' to keep them all. But all too often, they’re aborted midway.

If I could just figure out the disconnect between my good intentions and my less than stellar implementation, I’d be able to make some great progress!

“If to do were as easy as to know what were good to do, chapels had been churches, and poor men’s cottages princes’ palaces. It is a good divine that follows his own instructions: I can easier teach twenty what were good to be done, than be one of the twenty to follow mine own teaching.” -William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice