Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Circle of Influence!

Cartoonist Scott Adams (Dilbert) said: "You don't have to be a "person of influence" to be influential. In fact, the most influential people in my life are probably not even aware of the things they've taught me."

Our Circle of Influence is wide! Whether we admit it or not, everyone we come in contact with may be influenced for the better or the worse because of us. I really do believe this!

I was especially aware of this phenomena teaching youth. While we are all influenced by others throughout life, teens are forming their identity and look to others for validation. I’m sure I’m not always a positive influence, but I’m aware that youth take notice so at least I try not to be negative.

Sadly, like the Dilbert cartoonist, many who have influenced me are likely unaware of the impact they have had on me. I should be better about expressing my thanks. I’m really lucky to have had so many people in my life that inspire me!